Before applying to an internship or to a research stay you must contact a potential adviser at your academic unit/administrative unit/research group in Univalle.
To learn more about the process of application, please browse the Universidad del Valle’s website.
Internships and research stays can be short, medium or long-term:
Application to the international mobility platform on this link attaching the following documents:
International students will be granted a temporary identification card issued by the Direction of International Relations.
International students will be accepted at any time during the yearly academic calendar period set forth by Universidad del Valle.
The supervising professor at Universidad del Valle must request on a mandatory basis:
IMPORTANT: Once the student starts the activities, the supervisor professor must inform to the administrative coordinator of the faculty or institute in order to be registered in Migración Colombia at the Foreign Registration System SIRE https://apps.migracioncolombia.gov.co/sire/public/login.jsf
MID AND LONG-TERM
1. For periods lasting minimum 90 days and maximum 1 year. Any international visiting student admitted at Universidad del Valle under a mid or long-term internship/research stay modality (Academic Board Resolution 111 of November 19/2009) will be received for stages of at least three months and only at the beginning of corresponding periods set forth upon resolution of the Academic Vice Presidency:
*A three-month stay does not allow course registration; in this case the Registration Office will only register the International Internship. At the end of the stay the student will receive a transcript of records for the internship issued by the Registration Office.
2. The stay can be at undergraduate or graduate levels.
3. International students must include proof of enrolment and a letter of authorization from home university.
4. This modality will be registered by the Academic Registration Office, therefore students must enroll and pay tuition fees.
5. International visiting students will benefit from student welfare services including the university dining room only if they were officially registered at the Academic Registration Office.
6. International visiting students will receive a temporary official identification card issued by the Direction of International Relations and an official card of Universidad del Valle issued by the Academic Registration Office.
7. International visiting students will ONLY be accepted during the academic calendar dates mentioned in item 1.
Further requirements for applicants to Health Faculty:
International Medical Assistance
International Medical Insurance is required with the following coverage for the entire length of the student stay abroad:
*Renewable for up to 90 days with PTP at the office of Migración Colombia. Go to Migración Colombia
For further information please visit the following links:
- Resolution 0275/2016 See resolution
- Resolution 572/2015 See resolution
Aplica para una movilidad entrante / apply for an exchange at Univalle